Hello there. Now that you have your Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster, we’re here to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride for you and your baby. This guide provides a step-by-step approach to securely installing it, making the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster installation process straightforward and stress-free.
Installing Your Car Seat Booster
The proper restraints for a child riding in your vehicle depends on the age and size, and each option has a different installation approach. We will offer a general approach before getting into specific details for each stage.
- The first step is reading and understanding the instruction manuals. The vehicle you’re using has instructions on how to install a child car seat, as well as your chosen car seat option.
- Next, make sure that your chosen seat is installed facing the right direction depending on safety measures.
- Lastly, always check that both the car seat booster and your child fit correctly in the vehicle.
Step by Step Instructions
The three different modes of use for the 3-in-1 car seat booster include the infant seat, the convertible and backless booster seat.
- Adjusting the Buckle and harness
- Check and adjust the buckle and harness correctly. Locate the metal retainer and ensure it passes through the first or second slot of the seat when in a rear-facing position. Pull it to ensure it is secure.
- To adjust shoulder height, loosen the harness by pressing the adjuster under the pad and pull the straps.
- Lift the headrest into the desired position that is below the shoulder for rear-facing and above the shoulder for front facing.
2. Installing in the Rear-facing Position
You can either use the LATCH system or the vehicle’s car seat belt to install the car seat booster in a rear-facing position. Before you choose the LATCH system, consult your manual to determine if the weight limit of the LATCH connectors support your child.
- Place the car seat in the back seat and use the recline system to adjust the car seat angle. The line on the side of the seat should be parallel to the ground for a child who cannot support their heads properly, and upright for older kids.
- Take the latch belt and put it through the rear-facing belt path then attach the latch hooks to the latch anchors in your vehicle.
- Tighten the belt by pulling on the free end and pushing down the car seat.
- Try to move the car seat around at the belt path to ensure it does not move more than an inch.
- When using the vehicle belt put it through the rear facing belt path and then buckle the vehicle belt.
- Switch the vehicle belt to lock mode by pulling it fully out until you hear a click. This means the belt will not loosen. (If your belt lacks a switchable retractor consult your manuals for instructions.)
- Push down on the car seat and take up all the slack by pulling it out through the car seat belt path.
- Push and pull the car seat at the belt path to check the install. It shouldn’t move more than an inch.
3. Installing in the Forward facing Position
The process of installation is similar to the rear facing position in terms of placement on the vehicle’s car seat.
- Place and align the car seat on the back seat of your vehicle facing forward.
- Attach the tether loosely on to the back hook.
- Pass the latch belt through the forward facing belt path and attach it to the latch anchors of the vehicle.
- Follow the same provider of securing the seat, as mentioned in step 3 of installing in the rear position
- When using the vehicle belt, place the seat correctly on the vehicle. Attach the tether loosely. Put the vehicle belt through the forward facing belt path and buckle it.
- Follow the same process of securing the vehicle’s seat belt, as with the rear facing position.
4. Installing the Backless Booster Seat: A Key Step in Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster Installation
When undertaking the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster installation, it’s crucial to ensure that the car seat belt aligns correctly with your child’s body before securing the backless booster seat.
Firstly, place the booster seat from your Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster in the vehicle. Have your child sit on it to assess the fit of the car’s belt. If the belt doesn’t fit your child correctly, consult the user’s manual specific to the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Booster for guidance. Ideally, the shoulder belt should rest comfortably across the shoulder and chest, not the neck, while the lap belt should lie flat across the upper thighs, not the stomach.
Every car seat is different so kindly check your user manual for instructions.